Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Shop of the Week

  Meet Cyndie, the owner of Vintage Envy, this week's featured Shop of the Week. 






                       


Ever since I can remember I have had the desire to create! As a little girl you could always find me with a crayon in my hand and a pad of paper. Drawing, painting, pottery you name it I wanted to do it. I also admired the gorgeous brooches and high heels that my mother wore to work and would love to play dress up. She gave me my first piece of jewelry at the age of five which was a jelly belly cat necklace:) 

My passion for creating and fashion has stayed with me in one way or another through out my life from painting murals to decorating homes, wedding receptions and showers. As one of the buyers for a small boutique I always tried to find unique jewelry to sell in the shop. I thought why not make my own jewelry combining a mix of vintage, antique and new elements to create romantic and whimsical pieces. So Vintage Envy was born! 

My favorite era would be the 40’s and 50’s. I love the gorgeous rhinestone brooches and the Hollywood glam! Although recently I have been attracted to Victorian pieces.

One of my favorite pieces in my shop at the moment is a necklace that I made from a vintage rabbit baby rattle. I love how whimsical it is with the bunny jingling sweetly as you move:)













1 comment:

  1. I just knew I was going to love your shop. My esthetic is similar. I'm in love with vintage.

    ReplyDelete