Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This week's Shop of the Week is 1006 Osage. 
Meet the owner, Pam, and read more about her and her shop. 





Please tell us a little about you and your shop.

I opened my Etsy store about a year and a half ago. My original idea was to open a store with handcraft/art items and I initially named the store Pheinart, a combination of my first initial (P) and my last name (Hein) combined with "art." I thought it would be clever to have the shop name be a different spelling of "fine art." It was a stretch, I know, and probably just as well I ended up nixing that idea and selling vintage instead. I kept pheinart as my user name, but changed the store name to 1006 Osage.

1006 Osage was the address of my grandmother's house. For as long as I could remember she was a treasure hunter and collector. As I grew up, I loved to go to her house and see her many clocks, roosters, and other collectibles. She is gone now, and her house has been sold, but I am happy with the thought of carrying on the family collecting tradition, and her memory, through this online venue.

What is your favorite era and why?
Outside of my Etsy store, I am a Historic Preservationist and research and write about historic properties. I also rehab old houses. This type of work has given me an appreciation of about every era; however, if I had to name a time period of design style that I like the best, it would probably be the Arts and Crafts period and the modern design of the 1940s through the 60s. I tend to prefer clean lines over ornate. 

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment and why? 



I would probably say that this men's trench coat is one of my favorite things in the shop right now. I love how it has simple, classic lines and is blue, something that you saw more of in men's clothing in the 60s/70s. The surprise to the functional exterior is the silky lining featuring the fun pattern of red-colored flying geese. The coat just makes me smile. 




1 comment:

  1. Nice to learn more about you and your shop Pam! I love the reason behind your shop name (and user name). Sounds like you have a great job, in addition to your fantastic shop!

    ReplyDelete