Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Please tell us a little about you and your shop. 

My name is Francesco and I live in the south of the Netherlands, in a city called Breda. A few years ago I used to visit flea markets, junk yards, etc. looking for old bicycle parts. That was my business back then: restoring road bikes from the 60s, 70s and 80s and selling vintage bike parts on EBay. During my search I would often come across all types of other vintage goodies. I decided to give Etsy a go and see if I could sell some of those gems and that is, in short, how VintageBreda came about. The handy thing about living in the Netherlands is that we are that close to Belgium and France that I can travel up and down to markets just for one day. This is where I usually find the best vintage articles. I think it is great that I can offer my Etsy customer a wide variety of vintage items from several European countries. 

What is your favorite era and why?

I love the fifties. So many things we love nowadays seem to originate from the fifties. Movies, music, fashion and design from that era still serve as an inspiration to many, including me. The whole 50s atmosphere very much appeals to me. 


What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment and why?

The red Mid Century Desk Lamp made by Philips in the Netherlands is one of my favourites at the moment. I can just picture that lamp on a swanky retro restaurant’s vintage reception desk. The sleek yet simple design is what I like best. Simple and sleek actually goes with anything if you ask me. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that red lamp! You have so many fun things in your shop - it's nice to get to know more about you! Wishing you continued success!

    ReplyDelete